DC4ME provides full-time D.C. government employees a reduced interest rate mortgage. D.C. employees also have the option of 3% down payment assistance with a 0% deferred subordinate loan.
DC4ME is offered to District Government employees, including employees of District Government-based Instrumentalities, Independent Agencies, District of Columbia Public Charter Schools, and organizations, provided the applicant/borrower’s employer falls under the oversight of the Council of the District of Columbia.
- Applicants for DC4ME must be a first time homebuyer. The applicant must also have had no ownership interest in a primary residence during the most recent three year period and no ownership interest in any property of any type at the time of settlement.
- At least 1 applicant must be a current full-time District Government employee. (This includes employees of District Government-based Instrumentalities, Independent Agencies, District of Columbia Public Charter Schools, and Organizations, provided the applicant/borrower’s employer falls under the oversight of the Council of the District of Columbia.)
- Maximum household income may not exceed 120 percent Area Median Income (AMI), currently referred to as Washington Metropolitan Statistical Area Median Family Income (MFI)
- Maximum loan amount may not exceed $484,350
- Maximum sales price may not exceed $525,000
- Borrower must have a minimum credit score of 640
- Borrower may not have a Debt to Income ratio that exceeds 50 percent
- At least one borrower must take a Homebuyer Education Class and provide proof of completion to DCHFA
Maximum Annual Income
|Household Size||120% of MFI|
3 Things Should Know About DC4ME
- Applicants may combine DC4ME with other District home purchase assistance programs, if eligible including: the District of Columbia Employer Assisted Housing Program (EAHP) and the District of Columbia Home Purchase Assistance Program (HPAP).
- Co-signors are not accepted for the DC4ME program.
- There is no minimum tenure to qualify for DC4ME; however, you must show proof of your employment start. DCHFA will not accept offer letters as proof of employment.
We can help! Get more details about DC4ME or give us shout.